Hey all! I’m linking up with Kelly over at This Ain’t the Lyceum for her Seven Quick Takes. And here are mine!
- I’m sipping a hot cocoa and typing up a blog post at Starbucks. We have reached all new levels of basic and I’m in love with it.
I sip hot cocoa in August because I don’t drink coffee. I am a five year old and coffee is yucky.
2. On Wednesday we went on our last family trip of the summer. We went DTS (that means “down the shore” for all of you non-Jersey people) and then strolled the boardwalk at Point Pleasant and actually enjoyed ourselves. We didn’t have to worry about naps and they went on rides and didn’t cry about it. Having kids who aren’t infants is great.
I also took this awesome time lapse video from the train on the boardwalk. If you pay attention you can see Chuck standing there waving at us as he takes a video of us riding the train. You should also watch it to see why boardwalks are awesome and why you should visit New Jersey. You should never live here, the property taxes would make you cry but visiting is fun.
4. My hubby studies Astrophysics at NJIT (I know, he’s a smartypants) and he goes back to school next week. He also works full time and comes home to the craziness that is two toddler children and a slightly frazzled wife. I don’t know how he does it but if you could pray for him for the upcoming semester I know he would appreciate it.
5. Clara has been all about getting her toe nails painted lately. She’s all “Mama! Toes pink! Again!” Which means I’ve been giving lots of baby pedicures. I don’t have any pictures because I’m a terrible blogger but I did give myself a sparkly manicure. It makes me feel like I have this whole stay at home mom thing figured out! (please ignore the greasy hair and bags under my eyes. I HAVE IT FIGURED OUT)
I am living for Taylor Swift’s new song. I play it every time I sneak into the kitchen for a piece of chocolate. Kids spilled milk on the floor? LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. P.S. if you would follow me on Instagram you would have already seen it. No pressure though.
7. In short, this week has been a lot of fun but in light of all the tragedy that we’ve seen in Texas this past week it makes me very aware of how blessed we are. Please join me in keeping them all in our prayers and if you feel so inclined, please donate to Adore Ministries. They are highly recommended by some people I know in Texas.
And that’s all for this week! Next week we will be back to talking about life and faith so stay tuned and thanks for reading.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog or to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I like Instagram best. See you on the web!