I am SO happy to be linking up with Kelly over at This Ain’t the Lyceum for Seven Quick Takes! It’s been a minute… or a few months. Whatever. I’m back! And I am ready to embrace my mortality by admitting that I need ALL the beauty products. My skin is starting to do weird stuff to me, like wrinkle and have dry patches so skin care is starting to become a weird priority to me. Also, if I don’t take care of myself I start getting questions like “Are you tired?” “Are you feeling ok?” “You look like you’re getting sick.” or my favorite line, when I do wear makeup, “Wow, you look amazing today!”
So here they are, the seven beauty products in my arsenal that are either keeping me young or a waste of my money. You decide!
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara This was a recommendation from my favorite drag queen YouTube makeup artist and it is the BEST mascara I’ve ever used. I have pretty short lashes but they make what I have look long and feathery and beautiful. You’re supposed to replace your mascara every three months but I don’t use that much so I tend to buy the sample size and it’s awesome.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes These are the greatest makeup remover wipes EVER. One wipe is enough to clean off an entire face of makeup. It’s powerful enough to scrub off even the most stubborn mascara but it’s gentle enough that it doesn’t dry my skin out. 10/10 must try.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner I love this stuff. I apply it with a cotton pad after I’ve cleansed my face but before I moisturize and I’ve seen a huge difference. It’s gentle enough to use multiple times a day so I use it to freshen up on days that I’m sweating and bare faced. If you use it consistently, you’ll see a huge difference in your face. It also doesn’t hurt that it smells like roses. ❤
- Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser Now this might look like something your grandma might use and you’re not wrong. This brand has been around for about 100 years and was the first moisturizer that didn’t require refrigeration. Early on in this pregnancy I was struggling with dry skin and out of desperation I picked this up at Target, thinking that a cleanser that was mostly moisturizer wouldn’t be as drying. Not only did it do an awesome job of fighting those dry patches it’s also surprisingly good at removing dirt, oil, and makeup. It’s also super affordable and goes a long way.
- Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent I never thought I would still be struggling with acne at thirty years old and yet, here we are. I will never forgive the person who told me it would clear up as an adult. NEVER. -_- I discovered this product two years ago and it really does work wonders. I don’t have horrible acne but every so often I’ll get a deep or stubborn zit that drives me crazy and this stuff is a life saver. It’s also great when you’re prepping for a big event and you really don’t want to wake up that morning with a giant zit on your nose. Apply it with a cotton pad to the affected area once or twice a day and it makes a huge difference. Fair warning: It does burn a little when you apply it (it’s acid people) BUT the results are totally worth it.
- Sally Hansen Quick Dry Polish OMG guys I love this polish. I’m not one for doing my nails often, or at all actually, but when I do want to look like I have my life under control, this is the polish I reach for. The colors are beautiful, the finish is shiny, and it dries in 60 seconds flat which is really the draw here. You don’t even need a top coat, though of course a top coat will make it shinier and longer lasting. Well, as longer lasting as you can expect with all the dishes I do every day.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick This lipstick is a little bit on the pricey side at $20 a tube BUT it really does last forever. Or at least a really long time. It’s a matte liquid lipstick, which can be troublesome if you struggle with dry lips but this formula feels velvety and smooth and is not drying at all. The color is gorgeous and so pigmented so it doesn’t take a million layers for it to stick and once you apply it it is ON there. I was trying some colors out at Sephora and when I tried to remove a particularly stubborn red it would not come off for anything. I ended up covering it with lipstick I had in my purse. If liquid lipsticks aren’t your thing I would also recommend her Studded Kiss Creme Lipsticks. They have the same gorgeous colors without the problem of it staying on your lips until you die.
And that’s it for my Quick Takes! Don’t forget to link up with Kelly over at This Ain’t The Lyceum or check out her page for more awesome quick takes. What are your beauty faves? Comment below or on any of my social media pages to join in the conversation!